Microsoftie Opens XAML Wiki Site @ xamlshare.com
Gerald Bauer
2005-05-17 01:22:58 UTC
Hello,

Adam Nathan (a Microsoft employee working on WinFX) writes in the blog story titled "A
new XAML wiki: XAMLshare.com":

Could wikis be the solution to all the world's problems? Probably not, but I've created
another one anyway. It's called XAMLshare.

I'm starting to see folks share MSXAML samples on their blogs (myself included), and
thought, "Wouldn't it be nice to have a central repository of samples?" So there you go.
Unlike pinvoke.net, I'm unable to jump-start it with tons of content. I "XAMLshared" my
playing card samples, but hopefully Nathan, Sean, and other people will start contributing
their awesome samples, too!

I imagine that page naming could become tricky, as we might end up with a list like:

CoolButton
CoolButton2
CoolButton3
CoolerButton
But hopefully people can come up with descriptive (or at least unique) names for their
controls, like "WoodenButton", "WoodenListBox", etc. that cross-reference each other. I've
also created a "Themes" category so someone could just contribute a "Wooden" style that
re-skins all controls, for example.

I don't know how useful the site will end up being, but I'm open to suggestions on
organization or anything else!

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/adam_nathan/archive/2005/05/16/418068.aspx

- Gerald

United XAML | http://unitedxaml.org